LA-ACC Annual Meeting
October 26-27, 2018
New Orleans, LA
There is no registration fee for members of the LA-ACC Chapter. This includes educational materials, breakfast, and lunch.
- Physician: Member – FREE; Non-Member Physician – $150
- Cardiovascular Team (RN, APN, PA, Pharmacist): Member – FREE; Non-Member – $100
- Cardiovascular Administrator/Practice Manager: Member – FREE; $75
- ISLA – 2018 Member – FREE; Non-Member – $25
- Residents, Medical Students: FREE
- Fellow in Training: FREE
Cancellation requests must be received by October 16, 2018. No refunds will be made after that date.
Call Loews Hotel for room reservations by Tuesday, September 25, 2018, and mention the Louisiana-ACC meeting. The special discounted rate is $239 + tax. Guest check in is 4:00 P.M. Guest check out is 12 Noon.
Call 866-211-6411, you will use the group code LOU105.
It gives me great pleasure to invite you to the LA-ACC Annual Meeting that will be held October 26-27, Loews Hotel in New Orleans, LA. We hope we can count on your support. The success of past chapter meetings is due to the excellent educational partnership we have had from our supporters with adherence to the ACCME Standards of Commercial Support.
These session breaks offer an opportunity for attendees to network and visit with exhibiting companies. The fee to exhibit is $2,000. There are also opportunities for your company to provide additional Marketing Support and Educational Grants. Recognition of participation will be communicated to attendees in the program book and via signage throughout the meeting as well as the Chapter website.
In supporting this meeting, we are confident you will see the benefits to meeting and reaching out to cardiologists here in Louisiana. The medical schools and their faculty and trainees will be well represented, as will practicing cardiologists in the community. We hope you will consider participating in this program that I am especially excited about.
We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans!
Sangeeta Shah, MD, FACC
WHY SHOULD YOUR COMPANY PARTICIPATE?
- Showcase your product/service
- Raise your company’s profile by connecting
face-to-face with Louisiana cardiology community.
EXHIBIT HOURS (subject to change)
2:00pm Registration Opens
3:00-5:00pm Women in Cardiology Meeting
4:00-4:15pm Refreshment Break
5:00-8:00pm LA-ACC Poster Competition & Reception
Saturday, October 27
LA-ACC Annual Meeting with ISLA and Hypertension Breakout
7:30am Registration Opens
Continental Breakfast with Exhibitors
8:00am Meeting Begins
10:00-10:30am Refreshment Break
12:30-1:15pm Lunch (exhibitors invited)
3:00-3:15pm Refreshment Break
CALL FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
Submit your science (original research and/or interesting case presentations) to be presented at the LA-ACC Annual Meeting, to be held in New Orleans on October 26- 27, 2018.
Your abstract may be published in a special supplement to the Journal of the Louisiana State Medical Society.
Trainees’ highest-rated abstracts will be eligible for CASH PRIZES.
Abstract deadline EXTENDED! Due by 11:59pm (click here)
Abstract acceptance decision notification. Four finalists chosen for oral presentation.
3:00pm-4:45pm: Posters set-up at the Loews Hotel
5:00pm-7:00pm: Happy Hour and Poster Discussion
Top four trainee abstracts detailing original research presented orally. Winners announced following the presentations.
- A maximum of TWO abstracts may be submitted per person.
- Presenter must be first author.
- Limit: 2,000 characters for abstract body (spaces, title, and authors not included).
- One Figure may be submitted as well.
- Abstract submission constitutes a commitment by the submitting author to be present on October 26 or 27, 2018 if her/his poster is accepted.
- Please structure your clinical research abstract using the following headings: Background, Objective, Methods, Results, Conclusion
- Please structure your case study abstract using the following headings: Introduction, Case presentation, Discussion, Conclusion
Current students/residents/fellows in a Louisiana medical school or training program are invited to submit clinical research or a case report.
Recent data and/or information that has been presented previously at a local or national meeting also may be submitted to LA-ACC.
- Written abstracts will be graded in advance to select the top abstracts for oral presentation.
- Oral presentations will take place on Saturday, October 27, 2018 from 1:00pm-3:00pm during the LA-ACC Scientific Meeting.
- The remaining accepted abstracts’ posters will be displayed throughout the LA-ACC meeting.
Fellow in Training Oral Presentation(open to students/trainees of any level)
CASH PRIZES: Prizes for the FIT oral presentation will be given based on a combination of written abstract content and oral presentation, as judged by a panel of cardiologists representing various Louisiana institutions.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Accreditation Requirements and Descriptions of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Woman’s Foundation and Louisiana Chapter American College of Cardiology. The Woman’s Foundation is accredited by the LSMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CME Statement of Credit
The Woman’s Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of TBA AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Woman’s Foundation fully complies with the legal requirements of the ADA and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant of the program given by Woman’s Foundation is in need of accommodations or dietary requests, please call 337-988-1816 or submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive service.