LA-ACC Annual Meeting
October 26-27, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Friday, October 26, 2018
- LA-ACC Women in Cardiology Meeting
- LA-ACC Poster Competition & Jeopardy
Saturday, October 27, 2018
- LA-ACC Annual Meeting
- ISLA & Hypertension Breakout
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Accreditation Requirements and Descriptions of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Woman’s Foundation and Louisiana Chapter American College of Cardiology. The Woman’s Foundation is accredited by the LSMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CME Statement of Credit
The Woman’s Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Women In Cardiology Event – TBA AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- LA-ACC Annual Meeting – TBA AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ISLA Breakout – TBA AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The Woman’s Foundation fully complies with the legal requirements of the ADA and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant of the program given by Woman’s Foundation is in need of accommodations or dietary requests, please call 337-988-1816 or submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive service.
Registration will open in August 2018. Please check back!
Call Loews Hotel for room reservations by Tuesday, September 25, 2018, and mention the Louisiana-ACC meeting. The special discounted rate is $239 + tax. Guest check in is 4:00 P.M. Guest check out is 12 Noon.
You can make your reservations online also! Hotel reservation link coming soon!
It gives me great pleasure to invite you to the LA-ACC Annual Meeting that will be held October 26-27, Loews Hotel in New Orleans, LA. We hope we can count on your support. The success of past chapter meetings is due to the excellent educational partnership we have had from our supporters with adherence to the ACCME Standards of Commercial Support.
These session breaks offer an opportunity for attendees to network and visit with exhibiting companies. The fee to exhibit is $2,000. There are also opportunities for your company to provide additional Marketing Support and Educational Grants. Recognition of participation will be communicated to attendees in the program book and via signage throughout the meeting as well as the Chapter website.
In supporting this meeting, we are confident you will see the benefits to meeting and reaching out to cardiologists here in Louisiana. The medical schools and their faculty and trainees will be well represented, as will practicing cardiologists in the community. We hope you will consider participating in this program that I am especially excited about.
We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans!
Sangeeta Shah, MD, FACC
WHY SHOULD YOUR COMPANY PARTICIPATE?
- Showcase your product/service
- Raise your company’s profile by connecting
face-to-face with Louisiana cardiology community.
EXHIBIT HOURS (subject to change)
2:00pm Registration Opens
3:00-5:00pm Women in Surgery Meeting
4:00-4:15pm Refreshment Break
5:00-8:00pm LA-ACC Poster Competition & Reception
Saturday, October 27
LA-ACC Annual Meeting with ISLA and Hypertension Breakout
7:30am Registration Opens
Continental Breakfast with Exhibitors
8:00am Meeting Begins
10:00-10:30am Refreshment Break
12:30-1:15pm Lunch (exhibitors invited)
3:00-3:15pm Refreshment Break
Poster Competition Timeline
Abstracts Due by 11:59pm
Abstract Acceptance Notification, four will be chosen for the oral competition.
3:00pm-5:00pm: Posters set-up at the Loews Hotel
5:00pm-7:00pm: Poster on display and judged
Top four abstracts to be presented at the meeting in the Oral Competition. Winner announced at the end of the meeting.
- Submit abstract online by August 27, 2017 at 11:59pm
- Only ONE abstract may be submitted per person.
- No more than 3,000 characters for the body of your abstract (this does not include title or authors)
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the submitting author to be present on October 6 or 7, 2017 if his/her poster is accepted. If the submitting author is unable to attend, the poster will not be permitted to be presented.
- Please structure your clinical research abstract using the following headings:
Results (if relevant)
- Please structure your case study abstract using the following headings:
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE & ELIGIBLE RESEARCH
- All current Louisiana fellows in a cardiology training program are invited to submit clinical research or a case report (may present recent data or information that has been presented previously at a local or national meeting).
- Residents and medical students are invited to submit an abstract.
- The abstracts will be judged in advance to select the top abstracts for oral presentation.
- Oral presentations will take place on Saturday, October 27, 2018 during the Scientific Meeting.
- The rest of the accepted abstracts will be presented as posters and judged at the poster competition on Friday, October 26, 2018 from 5:00pm-7:00pm. Judging will promptly start at 5:30pm. The presenting author must be present and prepared to give a 2-3-minute presentation on your poster.
Fellow in Training Oral Presentation
First and second place for the FIT oral presentation will be awarded based on a combination of abstract content and oral presentation delivery as judged by a panel of cardiologists from various institutions.
First place – $300
Second place – $200
FIT Clinical Research Posters
First place – $250
Second place – $150
Case Presentation Poster
First Place – $100
Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 27, at the end of the meeting.
For those cardiology fellows in training participating in the competition and residing outside of the New Orleans area, we will provide a hotel room for one night to the presenting author only. We will contact your training program to assist us with your reservations. Please expect to have a roommate.