The Louisiana Chapter of the American College of Cardiology has 440 members, and is the sate “arm” of the American College of Cardiology (ACC), a 30,000-member national nonprofit medical society and teaching institution. The Louisiana-ACC is the key voice and resource for all concerned with cardiovascular care in Louisiana.
The LA-ACC was founded in 1990. Our mission is to educate physicians and our community about the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cardiovascular disease and stroke in Louisiana.
The Louisiana-ACC will be the key voice and resource for all concerned with cardiovascular care in Louisiana.
- The Chapter works with the national ACC staff to help advise local and state government and professional organizations concerning issues related to cardiovascular disease.
- The Chapter also assists in the continuing education of cardiovascular specialists.
- The Chapter provides a forum to inform the ACC of the opinion of Chapter members in cardiovascular health-related issues.
- Benefits include: CME Programs and Educational Seminars, Newsletters, Third Party Representation, State Legislative Information, and Local Medicare Carrier Information Specific to Cardiology.
- Contact your Board of Trustees to voice your opinions.